Jess arrived here yesterday and I can't begin to tell you how very, very cute she is!!!

I can't remember if I posted the sad saga of my daughter's 10th birthday in September. She wanted Elizabeth so badly for her birthday. We got Elizabeth for her and I noticed that poor Elizabeth laid on Felicity's bed for at least a week with no attention. This is very unusual behavior for a new doll. When I finally asked my daughter if she was unhappy with Elizabeth, she burst into tears. She really didn't care for her that much and the whole experience was traumatic, so much so that my daughter seemed to distance herself from all of her AG for a while. I let her know that it was ok to not like a doll and that we could send her back.

We decided to wait a while before choosing a new doll to replace her birthday doll. When Jess came out, my daughter fell in love with her but I still waited to make sure this was the one she wanted.

Jess arrived yesterday and my daughter is enthralled with her (so am I!) She is just so cute. For those of you that received a Jess that you thought was colorless, I think that might be because her skin tone is very close to that of AGT 4, the Asian Girl of Today. Our Jess has blush in her cheeks and on her lips, but her skin tone is a bit different. Her hair color is beautiful and ours arrived with neat, beautiful braids. I know some people complained about their Jess's hair being a mess.

My daughter dressed her in the purple snowflake pj's last night (the pj's that are made in somewhat of an Asian style) and Jess really looked more Asian than she normally does. This really made my daughter happy as she has wanted an Asian doll.

Anyway, for those of you who just aren't sure - I'll be glad to vouch for Jess. Press that "Submit Order" button now!

After our nightly ritual of browsing the catalog, my daughter commented that Elizabeth was indeed a beautiful doll, but that she looked more like a young lady than a 9 or 10 year old girl. She thinks that this is the reason she didn't find Elizabeth all that appealing.